Friday, July 24, 2009

Graphically Speaking: A Visual Lexicon for Achieving Better Designer

This book was one of the text books I was supposed to have purchased as a student at the Art Institute of Atlanta. However, knowing the track record of most classes (mostly the book was never ever cracked opened) I declined purchasing the text. However, later on in my college journey I was in class creating my senior project and attempting to decide upon a style. It was then that my teacher told me that I should use this book.


This book has become one of my many design bibles. If I cannot figure out what kind of design style I want to use in a current project, I can just crack this baby open and choose one. Each style is seperated by type, and provides colors, and fonts that are often used in this style. I have to admit is beats searching all over the web for example of the style I want to use. However, my particular copy is in a box in my storage container...lot of good it is doing me there

No comments: