Friday, September 12, 2008

The Internship

Only taking one class next quarter will make it so I have to pay money out of pocket, if I take two classes I don't. No it doesn't really make sense, but this does mean I need to find another class to take, fortunately my school offers an internship class. Therefore as of Tuesday this week I begin my adventure of trying to find an internship.

The Journey Begins

I have sent out my first resume and cover letter (which I hate writing) to my first potential employer. In all the classes I have taken that advise you about what to do when writing a cover letter they tell you to go to the website, research the company, so you know what they are looking for. With my school they provide all that information for you in the little summary they send you. However, what should one do when the website provides no information? just a spot for you to sign up for something...yeah helpful.

So in addition to cutting out a full paragraph, I send off the cover letter and resume and as soon I click send and it begins its electronic journey to the required box...and I realize I spelled the companies name wrong. I put viacom, and not viacube. I check the cover letter...and I did it there too. So I have to resend the information which I am sure she has already recived

...I don't they will be hiring me.

No comments: