Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Opprotunities Missed

Searching for an internship today...well not all day, I spent some time at IKEA with my friend, however I got right to it when I got back to the house. Except for well now.

Anywhoo since the person who is supposed to be sending me a listing of local internships/jobs is not moving as fast as I would like for her to I have taken the matter into my own hands...I always like to say if you want something done right, do it yourself. Well I searched around to a few places, and finally stumbled upon the internship opprotunity of my dreams.

*Que lights and angelic music*
A magazine internship.

It was like a dream come true, because my real dream is to work for a magazine. However Atlanta is not really the place for magazines that is lovely ol' New York New York and personally that is a little too cold for me at the moment. Not to mention far since I have to finish my last quarter of school. I began to get all excited though at this posting, I even began to write the letter and email....and In the middle of writing the cover letter. I think "wait when was the deadline for the internship..." August 15... almost a month ago.

So much for my magazine dreams possibly being fulfilled.

No comments: